Portsmouth Green Fair 2010 is on Sat 17th July from 11- 4 in Portsmouth Guildhall Square and Victoria Park. The event is part of the Green Week Campaign and organised by Portsmouth Climate Action Network.
The current action packed line-up includes:
- 2 stages with 15 live bands powered by Electric Pedals bicycle generators organised by the Portsmouth coalition.
- DJ Danny Turbo.
- A bicycle powered cinema showing some of the latest eco activist films.
- Steam Boat Willy pedal powered hovercraft, where YOU can fly by pedaling.
- The Interdimensional Wizard who will show you some amazing sun powered energy machines.
- Clowns and Street entertainers doing workshops on juggling etc.
- Lodge Arts giving spray painting workshops and showcasing entries for the Big Green idea for Portsmouth
- Green motor show including vehicles which run on waste gas (Organic Power) waste oil (Veggiepower) and electric vehicles
- Healing Area including massage, reflexology,reiki etc
- Talks on permaculture, environmental gardening tips ,money saving guerrilla gardening etc.
- Portsmouth Beekeepers association where you can find out how to keep your own bees and buy some local honey.
- Art Displays and competitions from local schools
- Children’s games and activities inc building a monster using recycled materials, bouncy castles and Face painting. Also roundabouts and children’s rides. And story-tellers
- Bicycle maintenance demos + Trick bike display and skateboarders.
- Live broadcasts by Express FM and filming by Portsmouth Live
- Demos of green technology plus information and campaigning stalls
- Green Crafts inc Cob ovens and woodworking
- Pedal powered smoothie maker.
- Farmers Market for local Organic fruit and vegetables etc.
- 4 cafes selling local Organic fair-trade food and drinks including a cafe in a yurt.
- + almost 100 Stalls selling local produce, inc. clothes, eco-gifts, arts and crafts
They are currently looking for cyclists to power the generators – contact [email protected] to find out more. There are also other opportunities to get involved.