Created in Portsmouth returns again for its third year this month, with local artists, jewellers, makers, designers, painters, glassmakers and more open the doors to their studios and workplaces to the public. This event really brings the focus to the city from other county-wide events and for three days (16th to 18th October) means you can experience the creative and exhibition workspaces that are home to over 20 local creatives in 11 different locations. With all of these locations within fairly easy walk of each other you can really explore Created in Portsmouth as an arts trail, working from one location to the next, seeing and experiencing the work of the artists as you go.
The creatives involved are:
– Lesley George
– Shake Your Glass & Emma Nicol
– Kevin Dean
– The Southsea Workbench
– Colin Merrin, Trudy Barber & “Smock & Ballpoint”
– Copper Hare, Printsink & Southsea Jewellery
– Maggie Ambler
– Evagelia Hagikalfa, Tracy Hodder & Conor Devine
– Sue Meredith Illustration & Katherine Webber Jewellery
– Little Duck Forge & Donna Carter
– Dancingpot & Sheila Mackie
Check the Creating in Portsmouth website for full details of the event, the artists and the locations:
Ghost Ring by Colin Merrin.
Cushion by Emma Nichol.