This Saturday sees the return of Dials Festival to Albert Road in Southsea. The multi-venue, metropolitan, new-music festival that’s in support of Solent Mind. Having previously hosted the likes of Dream Wife, Fickle Friends and Black Honey – the 2018 edition sees a heavyweight line-up of emerging national and local acts.
Being keen to find out a little more about the artists who are playing over the weekend, I caught up with one of the three organisers, Robin Seamer from Breaking More Waves. We focus on the origins of the event and how it was created, with a special focus on the likes of Fröst, Jerry Williams, Curxes, Megan Linford and Bokito.
1. Highlights of Our Modern World ‘Natural Structures’ (Backing Music)
2. Black Honey ‘Midnight’
3. Tigercub ‘Faking Laughter’
4. Bokito ‘Better At Getting Worse’
5. Melt Dunes ‘Flesh’
6. Horseflies ‘Video Nasty’
7. Grace Savage ‘Running Under Water’
8. Fröst ‘Record Still Spinning’